Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I renew my membership online?
- Yes, you can renew your membership online through your account homepage. This can be accessed by clicking the blue login button at the upper right hand corner of your screen.
- Can I pay an invoice online?
- Yes, you can pay an invoice online. This can be done through your account homepage, and is listed under “My Statement”.
- How do I transfer a horse into my name if the person I bought the horse from did not transfer the horse into their name?
- A Bill of Sale can stand in place of filling out the back of the Certificate of Registration. For every transfer of ownership that is not documented on the back of the original Certificate of Registration, a Bill of Sale will be needed. The processing owner will still need to pay all fees associated with each transfer of ownership required to get the horse into their name.
- Can I transfer a horse into my name without the original Certificate of Registration?
- Yes, by using the Duplicate Certificate Request form. An image of the horse owner’s drivers license can stand in place of the form being notarized.
- If I lease a mare for breeding, how can I be designated as the breeder and owner of the foal?
- The Assignment of Breeder Designation form can be utilized to designate you as the breeder of the foal. The Transfer for Eligible but Unregistered Foal form can be utilized to designate you as the recorded owner of the foal.
- When is an Assignment of Breeder Designation form necessary?
- An Assignment of Breeder Designation form is necessary if the breeder is not the same the recorded owner of dam at time of breeding.
- When is a Transfer of Eligible but Unregistered Foal form necessary?
- A Transfer of Eligible but Unregistered Foal form is necessary if the owner of the foal is not the same as the recorded owner of the dam at the time of foaling.
- How do I transfer ownership of a horse?
- A Transfer of Ownership is completed by filling out the backside of the original copy of the Certificate of Registration for the horse. Ensure that a date of sale and seller signature is listed under the seller’s section of the form, and fill out the buyer’s section on the right hand side of the form. If you do not have an Owner Number with AHA, leave that line blank in the buyers section and a membership number will be assigned to you.
- Do I have to do DNA on my horse for registration?
- All Purebred Arabians are required to have DNA on file, as well as all Half-Arabians over the age of 2.
- What qualifies a horse as being a Half-Arabian?
- One parent of the horse must be registered as a purebred Arabian Horse and the non-Arabian parent cannot be a registered Anglo-Arabian, registered Thoroughbred or unregistered purebred Arabian.